5 Things You Can Do
1. Please continue to pray for those whose lives have been impacted by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
2. Make relief kits. Relief-supply kits answer a need for disaster survivors while, at the same time, offering an important connection for the giver.
UMCOR provides easy, step-by-step instructions for how to assemble:
We have 2 drop-off points in the Rock Hill District for flood buckets and health kits. Please call before dropping off to ensure someone will be there.
- India Hook UMC: 3300 Mt. Gallant Rd. Rock Hill (803)329-7787
- Wesley Memorial UMC: 1217 J.A. Cochran Bypass, Chester (803)377-8400
3. Partner with UMCOR in responding to the needs of communities and individuals impacted by the hurricanes by giving to Advance #901670:
To give by mail:
P.O. Box 9068
New York, NY 10087-9068
Please note in the memo line: Advance 901670
4. Donate only those items requested.
5. Please wait for an invitation to volunteer.
South Carolina Local Early Response Teams that are considering deploying to help hurricane/flood survivors are asked to wait until the appropriate authorities ask for assistance.
This makes sure your efforts are coordinated with what’s already in play on the ground, and ensures that your generous time and efforts aren’t wasted.
If you have a team that’s interested in deploying, or you are interested in joining an Early Response Team, please contact Nikki Ulmer at email@example.com.
Get trained: The South Carolina Conference is always in need of more trained Early Response Teams, the groups that go in after a disaster and help begin the clean-up process.
You must be trained and certified by the Conference before we can deploy you to work in disaster response efforts.
Download this UMCOR church bulletin insert to share 5 Things You Can Do in response to Irma.
To keep relief supplies in stock, give to Material Resources Advance #901440.
Keep watch on the SCUMC website for updates on how our conference is responding.
See these articles from UMCOR for more information and updates: